raffreckons

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Wedding Crashers

Saw this film again the other night (have already seen it a couple of times on a plane, though the secoind didn't really count, as i kept falling asleep).

Wedding Crashers

A short review since there is little substance to analyse in this and it is overall a simple and effective comedy. Two friends, Vince Vaughan (who reminds an alarming amount of Patrick, for those who know him) and Owen Wilson (who on the other hand reminds me of that scene in The Brady Bunch Movie where Marsha has a football flatten her nose – except in Wilson’s case, it seems the football is either still hitting him or he repeats the treatment on a regular basis), seemingly crash weddings in and around Washington for a living. They finally crash the mother wedding for the daughter of the Treasury Secretary (Christopher Walken in his usual charming mode) where they both meet the loves of their lives. You can guess the rest.

It is the small touches that make this film amusing. The Treasury Secretary’s son Todd (Keir O’Donnell) is a repressed homosexual artist who resents his father who is equally disliked in return, while the mater familias is a crazy old Grandma who calls her nephew a homo and calls Eleanor Roosevelt “a real dyke.”

Anyhoo – little to really say. Funny film, and a DC one too. Why set here? I have no idea. Do I care enough to think about it? Not really (though my thought is they set it here, since how else would they get the Treasury Secretary involved. Though why he needs to be the Treasury Secretary I have no idea – except that I guess it leaves them open to witticisms about tax returns and the like. Speaking of which, have yet to do mine).

Survey says: worth watching if on. Made an excellent airplane film when I saw it the first time.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger satay said…

    why were u up so late?

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think there be a few typos.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that was me Niccolo

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Raff said…

    I put that up this morning. Wonder why it appeared then? Is that what you are referring to?

    Bruddah: where typos?

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Raff said…

    I take it back. See the typo. I think it adds to the excellent tenor of the piece.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home